Friday, September 5, 2014

Chance & Indeterminacy

For this project I chose to create a digital color grid. I randomly selected html color codes using a color website. From there I printed the list of colors I chose and cut them into slips of paper and placed them in a cup that my roommate then blindly drew out of. I recorded the color codes in the order that she drew them so that I could create the grid.


In order to find the exact color on InDesign to create the grid I used this website to convert the html color code to CMYK color code. From there I simply placed the color into a 10x10 grid I made. The end result was, of course, incredibly random but also really cool.

The planning and organizing for the project was a lot of work, but the end result made it worth it. It ended up becoming a pretty cool design.



No comments:

Post a Comment