Monday, September 1, 2014

Sentences on Conceptual Art

Sentences on Conceptual Art

These sentences that were written in the 1960's still relate today, in my opinion. Sentence #3, "Irrational judgements lead to new experience," related to me personally. Every once in a while I will make a decision that may not be considered "good", but I end up having a really interesting experience because of it. Also, sentence #25, "The artist may not necessarily understand his own art. His perception is neither better nor worse than that of others," relates to me personally as well. I might make a piece of art and people might ask the basic questions of "why did you make this" and I don't always have the answer. I believe there is no right or wrong way to perceive art. Art is very personal, or can be. So it could mean one thing to the artist and something completely different to the viewer. I think this concept will continue forever only because everything views things differently. If we viewed everything the same the world would be an incredibly boring place. Overall, I think all of these sentences are still relevant today in one way or another. Some maybe more than others, but the idea is still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment