Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Radical Cartography Proposal

I have a couple ideas for this project that I haven't quite decided on. 

The first one is to simple map out the paths I take to my classes. To make it a little more meaningful and different, I was going to map out the paths I've taken every year I've been at KSU. So, starting with my freshman year all the way to current (junior). I also thought it might be need to highlight moments I've had at KSU on this map. For example: getting accepted into the graphic design program. This event happened while I was in my metals studio in Willard. So, I could make a star or somehow label this memorable event. I could go back and do this for every year as well. All the different years could be a different color to help seperate them from each other. 

My second idea is based around my plans to study abroad this summer in Italy. I was considering taking a map of Florence (to be specific) and map out all the places we plan on seeing while in Florence. I chose Florence because this is where we will be located for the majority of the trip. We are planning on study at Lorenzo de Medici for 4 weeks and the taking 2 extra weeks to backpack around Europe. I thought this could be a fun way to document our plans and how it's coming along as a "work in progress" piece. I wasn't sure if that would be alright to have it not so finalized and definite, but it was just an idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment